This position is fully accountable for all campus outcomes relative to accreditation and state regulatory compliance including accreditation readiness visits, placement confirmation and related functions. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with accreditation standards, state regulations, and state and local statutes and/or agency regulations at all campuses. The position identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, developing correction action plans for resolution of problematic issues, providing general guidance on proper internal controls, and developing an effective compliance plan. The Associate Vice President/Senior Director, National Regulatory Compliance oversees the preparation and training of the campuses for accreditor, state agency and programmatic oversight agency visits, including mock visits, updates, training, and regular audits. This position oversees the gathering of information and documentation for the preparation of applications, notices, self-studies, and responses collaborating with the field and the corporate management team. The Associate Vice President/Senior Director, National Regulatory Compliance also supervises Regional Regulatory Directors and Managers and oversees special projects within the Compliance function.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruits and closely manages a professional team.
• Coordinates the dissemination of information regarding local, state, national, accreditation and regulatory requirements.
• Provides timely, accurate and complete management reporting for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Institutes and maintains an effective accreditation and relevant state regulatory training program for assigned areas of responsibility, including appropriate introductory training for new associates and ongoing training for all colleagues and managers in the field.
• Works collaboratively with Corporate Regulatory Compliance colleagues to ensure all formal communication meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Identifies changes in applicable rules, regulations, standards and related trends that are relevant to maintaining accreditation and state licensing.
• Recommends necessary modifications to policies, procedures, and internal communications such as catalogs, websites, and marketing materials in conjunction with feedback from the field.
• Holds frequent trainings and webinars with campus personnel to train and educate on accreditation and state regulations, standards and criteria.
• Develops field regulatory team members to improve performance and productivity.
• Communicates regularly, professionally and effectively with all stakeholders at all times to achieve expected and planned results.
• Develops and maintains positive rapport with accreditation agencies and other applicable state/local regulators as directed.
• Obtains and maintains a complete and updated licensing/accreditation record for each program and campus and coordinates the reconciliation of any approval issues and/or problems. Ensures official documents are submitted to Corporate Regulatory Compliance colleagues and retained in appropriate repository.
• Represents the institution externally to accreditors, states, professional organizations and the general public as designated by senior management and appropriate to assigned responsibilities.
• Focuses on tactical issues in complying with existing standards and regulations.
• Serves on planning teams for new program and new campus planning.
• Manages human resource as assigned.
• Works closely with senior management and administration and campus staff, attends meetings, and provides reports and/or information as needed or requested.
• Participates in professional development, attends meetings, workshops and seminars and conducts research to enrich personal growth, knowledge and skill in management and assigned responsibilities.
• Maintains professional appearance and demeanor for position and serves as a role model, leader and mentor to the campus community.
• Maintains personal contacts and communications with key personnel in regulatory agencies, both state and national
• A key success factor is sustaining healthy and robust regulatory compliance within every campus and the entire organization demonstrated by clean state approvals as well as clean accreditation grants
• Is accountable for providing guidance & training to all functionaries of the company to assure their clear understanding of their responsibilities in maintaining compliance
• Prepares campuses for regulatory visits and achieves successful outcomes
• Demonstrates trustworthiness in presenting information to the CCO regardless of the positive or negative content of the message.
• Is an assertive voice at the management level to assure that appropriate compliance is explained and maintained.
• Develops & maintains a competent compliance staff that is knowledgeable, hardworking and accountable
• Other projects as assigned.
Key Success Factors
• Accreditation grant years.
• Number of citations/concerns after state/accreditation visits.
• Achieve accreditation/state objectives.
• Timely placement confirmations.
Essential Skills And Experience (skills, knowledge, abilities, education, certifications, licenses)
• Management experience as a college operator
• Extensive experience, expertise and knowledge working closely with accreditation as well as state agencies
• In-depth knowledge of accreditation and state rules & regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
• Highly organized and goal oriented
• Ability to collaborate within all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated success in leading large-scale strategy projects with proven results
• Bachelor’s degree or above required
• Minimum five years in the higher education sector