Independent Coalition of Educators Political Action Committee (ICEPAC)
During each legislative term, state legislators must take positions on important bills that have been introduced and/or amended, as well as budget bills and state regulatory issues. Every two years, one-third of all seats will be filed with new legislators. It is the responsibility of the Independent Coalition of Educators Political Action Committee (ICEPAC) to educate them about the positive effects of our schools on California’s economy. Since California does not have public financing of elections, your donation to ICEPAC will help us educate these new legislators. With your help, ICEPAC will:
• Increase CAPPS’ access to the legislative leadership.
• Educate members of Higher Education committees and subcommittees about the benefits of private postsecondary education.
• Work to increase Cal Grant opportunities for our students.
• Focus on increasing our sector’s influence in the implementation of the Workforce Investment Act.
• Protect retraining opportunities for injured workers.
• Educate legislators in many areas that offer new opportunities for our sector but need legislative support. These areas include, but are not limited to: STRF relief, Welfare Reform, Department of Consumer Affairs Boards and Bureaus, and laws relating to our profession and the way we do business.