INDEPENDENT COALITION OF EDUCATORS
POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (ICEPAC)
During Each Legislative Term
State legislators must take positions on important bills that have been introduced and/or amended, as well as budget bills and state regulatory issues. Every two years, one-third of all seats will be filed with new legislators. It is the responsibility of the Independent Coalition of Educators Political Action Committee (ICEPAC) to educate them about the positive effects of our schools on California’s economy. Since California does not have public financing of elections, your donation to ICEPAC will help us educate these new legislators. With your help, ICEPAC will:
• Increase CAPPS’ access to the legislative leadership.
• Educate members of Higher Education committees and subcommittees about the benefits of private postsecondary education.
• Work to increase Cal Grant opportunities for our students.
• Focus on increasing our sector’s influence in the implementation of the Workforce Investment Act.
• Protect retraining opportunities for injured workers.
• Educate legislators in many areas that offer new opportunities for our sector but need legislative support. These areas include, but are not limited to: STRF relief, Welfare Reform, Department of Consumer Affairs Boards and Bureaus, and laws relating to our profession and the way we do business.
12th Annual ICEPAC Leadership Dinner
Thursday, October 8, 2020
Please join CAPPS and the Independent Coalition of Educators Political Action Committee on Thursday, October 8th for the 12th Annual ICEPAC Leadership Dinner! Tickets for this dinner are by RSVP only and the requested donation is $1000 for the 1st guest, $750 for the 2nd guest, and $500 for each additional guest from the same organization. RSVP via this invitation. TO MAKE YOUR DONATION, visit www.cappsonline.org/donate-to-icepac. For additional information contact CAPPS Executive Director Robert Johnson at 562.706.1577. FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT ATTEND the dinner, please consider making a donation (in any amount). ONLY WITH YOUR SUPPORT can the ICEPAC continue working to educate California legislators about the positive effects of our schools on California’s economy.
DINNER DETAILS: October 8, 2020, 6:00 PM, Anthem Country Club in Henderson, Nevada.
HOTEL DETAILS: Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa and Casino in Henderson, Nevada. Nightly room rate is $125 plus $25 resort fee. Book via the website https://book.passkey.com/e/50140128 or call the Reservation line at 702-617-7777 or 866-782-9487 and use the code GCICAPP. Reservations must be made by September 17.