Privacy and Security
CAPPS is committed to protecting your personal information. This statement explains our practices for this website.
What Personal Information We Gather
We gather personal information that we need to register you for an event, join the association or create a login for the Member’s Only Section.
How We Use It
We only use the personal information we gather to provide you information on association activities. This includes registration for events, Member Updates, training opportunities and some advertisements from vendors who may benefit your business.
Who Has Access to It
Only employees of CAPPS who need to access your personal information can access it; for example, the people who send a newsletter need to know your email address.
How We Share It
We do not sell or provide our database to any third parties. CAPPS may include advertisements in newsletters or e-mail updates but we do not provide the advertisers with any personal information on our membership.
We might share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We are required to share customer information by law, to protect the interests of the company or in the discharge of public duty.
How You Change or Remove It
You have access to your personal information that we retain. We try to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If you’d like to change or remove your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Withdrawing Consent to Use
We use current security measures to safeguard your personal information.
- All the personal information you provide us is stored in a secure computing environment protected by secure firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
- We control access so that only people who need to access the information can.
- To register for events or access the Member’s Only Section, you must use a unique, confidential CAPPS userID and password.
- When you use secure areas of the site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with 128-bit encryption. This means that all the information sent between your computer and our secure computer environment is encrypted or scrambled so that no one can read it in transit. You can read it and we can read it-no one else. There are two cues to show you that you are using a secure area. First, the Web site address (or URL) appears as https:// (instead of just http://)-the "s" is for "secure." Second, a lock or key indicator appears in the status bar of your Web browser.
We do accept credit card payments for registrations. Credit card numbers are not stored on our server. Credit card information is only available to CAPPS staff with security access to our payment processing center. If someone uses your credit card to make an unauthorized purchase, check with the institution that issued your card to find out what the exact liability is.
If you send us an email, we may save it if we think we’ll need it to communicate with you. Remember, email is not a secure way to send personal information because it is not encrypted. Please don’t send any personal information to us using email; use our secure forms instead.
This site requires that your browser allow cookies.
Links Provided To Other Sites
CAPPS may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as CAPPS. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
Policy Modifications & Contacting CAPPS